Pages

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

There's an App For That...

Hola...  I survived Monday back after spring break.  Heck, I even survived Tuesday.  Tomorrow is hump day so I'm going to go ahead and claim victory on this week!  If you're stopping by for the countdown... we're at 23 more days of school.  That 184 more hours.... just sayin'.

OK... today's post is short and practical.  It is a list of my favorite go to apps.  These are not teaching/teacher/education apps... but more like teacher/mom/wife/woman apps.  These are the apps that I use the most everyday and/or bring me the most joy!  {in no certain order}.  Disclaimer... I have an iPhone so I am not totally sure if there are Android versions of these apps, but it might be worth checking out!

 1.  A Beautiful Mess... this one I use almost every day.  I love to edit pictures with this app.  I like that I can zoom in/out, leave margins, and add text.
2.  Cuptakes...  I use this app at the beginning of every month.  They upload new designs monthly and I really dig their pictures with the monthly calendar.  I make it my lock screen so that I can easily access a calendar during the day!  
3.  Credit Karma... my husband is actually the one who told me about this app.  It's nice to know that it's free and it updates me every week to what my credit score is doing.  I also recently opened a credit card to use on some AC issues at the house (grrrr) and they even emailed me to let me know that there had been an inquiry.  Yeah, I kinda dig that.  
4.  Starbucks... it's no secret that this girl loves her coffee.  I use this app every morning to pay for my coffee but it has also come really in handy when we've traveled and I want to find the closest "fix"...  They also send you free apps to try out and free music.  Score!  
5.  Period Tracker Lite...  not sure that this one qualifies as "fun" but it is really useful.  You know... for when you go to the doctor and they're all, "so when was your last period" and you're all like "2005 maybe?"  ... I can't even remember what we ate for dinner last night... so this app comes in handy.  When my period starts and I am curled up in a fetal position...  I click my app and tell it I'm dying... and VOILA.. it keeps up with my girlness!  So... then when I go to the doctor I look like an amazing record keeper.... HERE... check out my last 17 cycles.  How about that?  ;)  
 6.  Fit Bit... I recently bought a Fit Bit to help me keep up with my daily steps and water intake... and also to find any sleepy (or lack of) patterns.  I have joined a few friends on there and it's neat to compete with them each day for who has the most steps.
 7.  Instagram... again...  DAILY!  I love instagram.  The end.  Do you follow me?  I'm random.  #sorrynotsorry  ....
 8.  Simply Noise... I use this app every night.  I click the PINK noise and turn it up to about 50%...  sleep like a baby.  Not really... but it is calming and I do feel like it makes me fall asleep faster.  Am I crazy?  Who knows!
9.  Total Connect Thermostat... ok... remember above when I talked about the AC (grrrr)?  Remember that?  Ok.. the best part of that yuckiness was getting a new thermostat that I can control on my phone.  That's right... after school I was able to check out the temperature of my house and bumped it down to 70 degrees and by the time I got home.. the house was BLISS!  
10.  I use this app every time I go to the HL!!!!!  No more clipping coupons!  Download this app and all you do is open the mobile coupon, show it to the cashier, and VOILA!  

There you have it... my 10 favorite apps right now!  What is your favorite non-teaching related app(s)?  I hope that y'all had an amazing Tuesday!  Talk to y'all soon!  <3

4 comments:

  1. Love some of those apps! Thanks for sharing them! I found a few more that I have to go check out. Question: How did you make the graphic you used at the top of the post? Was it through n app?

    What I Have Learned

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jessica... I did that graphic in Powerpoint. I inserted all the pictures and arranged them... then clicked "select all" and right clicked ... then "save as a picture" and VOILA! Hope that helps! :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing your apps! Following you now on IG!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE period tracker. I love it so much I bought the deluxe version twice (iphone and my new android) because I just wanted to give them money haha. Credit Karma seems like it would be super useful. I read the reviews and everyone loves it. Do you have to enter super personal info? (address, ssn, etc?) I'm a worry wort about that stuff (better safe than sorry).
    Thanks for this post. It got me on my phone looking up stuff. Very useful ideas!
    G-Iron Tutor

    ReplyDelete